I am delighted to introduce IKB Academy – a unique and popular school for all students in Years 10-13
Our vision at IKB is to provide an inclusive and complete education with a focus on STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) that ensures all IKB students leave us as ‘resilient and confident young adults with exceptional qualifications, experiences and skills’.
We do this through:
- The highest quality academic and vocational teaching with aspirational targets set for all our students
- A focus on Science, Engineering, Technology and Maths taught in specialist facilities
- Options to study a huge variety of subjects outside of STEM to complement the core curriculum
- A supportive and caring environment that meets student needs and values individuality
- The opportunity to work closely with key local employers through extended work experience opportunities
- A program of employability skills development and enrichment
- An emphasis on the highest expectations for student behaviour and attitudes to learning
We are an inclusive school catering for the individual needs of all of our students with an intentionally small intake, where professional relationships can really make a difference to nurture as well as challenge. We value the contribution made by all of our students and seek to create an atmosphere of trust and positivity where we can all enjoy and achieve great things together.
We have strong values that were developed in consultation with our founding staff, students and their parents and these can be seen below in our values ‘Wordle’.
IKB is an exciting option for students in Yr 10 and 12, but it is not an easy option and on entering IKB we will raise student aspirations and support them, so, on leaving, they will realise these aspirations competing for the best university places, apprentiships, work or training in their chosen field.
As an inclusive school, we welcome applications from all students and can arrange meetings to discuss your options with you. Please use the application form on this website or the contact details below to arrange a visit.
Mr P Headeach
Head of School